Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summer Dreaming

"Feel those shoes, Mr. Sanderson, feel how fast they'd take me? All those springs inside? Feel all the running inside? Feel how they kind of grab hold and can't let you alone and don't like you just standing there?" - Ray Bradbury

I love this quote from one of my all time favorite books, Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury.  It's one of only a few books I have read more than once and the only book I can thumb open to any page, start reading, and be absolutely delighted with the result. This part of the book in particular gets me in the summer mindset and feeling like a child in the best sense... taking me back to the days when a new pair of sneakers meant a new world of possibilities and adventure. With only two more days of class and one day of finals to go, my mind is definitely on summer lately. 

Please pardon if my postings become sporadic over the next week; I'll be back in full force as soon as my classes wrap up for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment