Sunday, April 12, 2009

Simple Desert Design

Photo via Trendir

I'm not one for particularly stuffy or cluttered interiors, and when I found this desert house online the other day I just had to share it.  The home was created by Olson Sundberg Kundig Allen Architects and the firm won the 2009 Residential Architect Design Award for the innovative design.  The house isn't much to look at from the outside, but the interior is simply stunning.  No need for fancy wall hangings or intricate woodwork in this home - the Idaho landscape provides a 360 degree masterpiece year-round. I don't know if I could personally live with such a sparse interior design theme, but I love the incorporation of the natural landscape in the construction idea and the minimalist take on a warm and welcoming space. You can see more of Olson Sundberg Kundig and Allen Architects designs here

Photo via Trendir

 Photo via Trendir

Photo via Trendir


No comments:

Post a Comment