Monday, April 6, 2009

After a Long Day


Flowers by Andy Warhol found here

"I'm afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning." Andy Warhol

I am quite certain that Andy was not referencing my graduate marketing case paper when he first uttered these words.  Nevertheless, after 5 hours of writing, rewriting, formatting, and editing, it too began to lose all meaning.  I like to think of Andy and other eccentric artists and thinkers after I have had a long and stressful day of schoolwork and ponder what they would have to say about it.   Well, since Andy was one of the best marketers of all time, known mostly for his pop-art prints of Cambell's Soup cans, I'd like to think he would tell me to quit worrying about a silly marketing paper and get back to him when I had something of consequence to discuss.  

No comments:

Post a Comment