Monday, February 14, 2011

Sewing Projects



As you may recall from a previous post, I'm an advocate of adult education courses. My most recent conquest, "Sewing for Beginners", was a total blast - and my efforts yielded some fabulous creations too. Our class of 10 learned all about threading, backstitching, interfacing and more. Fueled by clementines, peanut butter sandwiches, and Arcade Fire, we spent two Saturdays crafting ruffled aprons and pleated shoulder bags and laughing about the rookie mistakes we endured along the way. I'm already excited about what I'll stitch up next...

A shot of my ruffled apron - the pattern we used was definitely intended for a shorter person, but it's definitely the kind of apron you put on for serving food... not so much cooking it.

The inside of the pleated shoulder bag - I couldn't resist the green polkadot fabric (purchased at Grey's Fabric and Notions, you must check this place out if you're near Boston).

1 comment:

  1. whoa, very impressive!

    how are you doing these days, miss lady?

    ReplyDelete