Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer: MoMA Style

I was flipping through the most recent MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) catalog today and found a few treasures that seemed perfect for the dog days of summer.


Salt Cellar found here

This Salt Cellar is the perfect place to stash your favorite kitchen salt (I prefer this course sea salt for it's flavor and heft) to make quick, simple summer meals feel a little more gourmet. I always wanted to have those little bowls they use in cooking shows; pre-filled with 2 and 3/16 teaspoons of rare patagonian paprika to be dashed into a stew at just the right moment. However, all those extra little bowls would probably not be worth the extra (albeit tiny) dishes to wash, so this salt cellar seems a happy compromise.

Sky Umbrella found here

When those afternoon thunderstorms roll through, this clever Sky Umbrella is the perfect way to be all business on the outside, and optimistic on the inside. It also comes in a collapsible variety.


Bookworm Shelf found here


I love how this Bookworm Shelf turns a plain wall into an artistic statement. And what better way to display your summer reading and strike up a literary conversation? Have you been reading anything good this summer? I'm working on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. In fact, I am off to get a few more chapters under my belt tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment