Friday, April 16, 2010

Soapy Savings

Dedicated body wash users, there's a new cleanser in town! I've always been in favor of liquid soaps, but last time I ran out of my bottled soap du jour I unwrapped a lovely smelling glycerin bar my mother had given to me. I figured I'd use it until I remembered to buy some more of my usual brand, but quickly realized my soap-bar stereotypes were misguided. It turns out glycerin bars are nothing like their Irish Spring or Lever 2000 counterparts - they don't dry your skin, smell as good as the runnier varieties, and best of all... they last forever! Okay, maybe not forever, but I am shocked at how long this one bar has been holding strong - just a few swipes across a loofah each shower has hardly worn it down over the last couple of months. If you're looking to pare down your toiletry expenses, try trading in your typical $6-$10 body wash for a $2-$4 bar of vegetable-based glycerin soap, and you won't run the risk of accidentally squirting your cash straight down the drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment